Marlborough Street has its place in history as it was there in 1778 that David Freeman ran from door to door in the small hours awakening the town to the American raid of John Paul Jones.
Now all the old houses have gone and modern apartments in the form of Admiral house occupy most of the street.
There is also The Vagabond a small public house which has had various names in recent years including the Lime Lounge and The American Connection.
Return to Whitehaven History
Return to home page
© WAWL 2010