Williamson Lane connects the middle of Tangier Street with the harbour and was probably built by a mason called john Williamson sometime around 1715. The lane now has steps at the end leading up between the tax office and Pears House apartments on the harbourside.
The only building now on Williamson Lane is Gallachers night-club as the other side of the street is a car park but there used to be a 19th century terrace of small houses which led to William Wilson's Shipbuilding yard.
Return to Whitehaven History
Return to home page
© WAWL 2010